Ms V's Rules for Blogging!

1. All Comments MUST be school appropriate!
2. You need to make intelligent comments about the different chapters of the novel.
3. Every comment should be in a complete sentence.
4. It is ok to disagree, but you must give your reasoning and it must not be done in an insulting manner.
5. All inappropriate conduct will be reported to School Adminstration.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chapter 12

When his mother asks in the morning, Jonas lies and tells her that he has had no dreams although he has had many dreams about riding the sled down the snowy hill. "Always in the dream, it [seems] as if there [is] a destination: a something--he [cannot] grasp what--that [lies] beyond the place where the thickness of snow [brings] the sled to a stop. He is left, upon awakening, with the feeling that he [wants], even somehow [needs], to reach the something that [waits] in the distance. The feeling that it [is] good. That it [is] welcoming. That it [is] significant. But he [does] not know how to get there." Chapter 12, pg. 88

17 comments:

  1. Dude. You have to explain WHY you dont understand. I think that this chapter has some kinda very deep non-understandable meaning until the end. Yayss! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why lied i mean its no reason to lie. If that dream is not that serious

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chapter is very difficult to grasp a meaning!!!!!!!=D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think that this chapter was kinda hard to completly understand. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. i could had NEVER lied to my parents and got away with it because im an absolutly TERRIBLE liar so she would most definitly know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree.. This chapter was sort of hard to grasp... but Yeah... i mea if the dream wasnt that serious why do you need to lie about it??? Thats what i dont understand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, this was kinda hard to completly understand. But it still was a good chapter.(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Alesha. If things in my life aren't that serious then I don'tell my parents about them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If things arent that serious I wouldnt tell my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The memories are the only things he has of real happiness. The other don't understand what is really happening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think he should of told his parents i don't think it would be a big deal just telling them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why did Jonas lies to his parents. He shouldnt have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have not lied its just bad to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im like E.V.B! I CANT LIE TO MY PARENTS BECAUSE I START LOOKIN OFF TO SOMEWERE ELSE, AND LAUGHING, TRYING TO HOLD IT IN! BUT IF I WERE IN HIS PLACE,I WOULD HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING AND TOLD THE TRUTH. I THINK IT WAS KIND OF CRAZY THAT HE LIED, IT WASNT EVEN THAT SERIOUS.(DHIS BOY IS CRAZY!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. He should have told the truth to his parents.

    ReplyDelete